Saithe – Pollachius Virens
We offer freshly frozen Saithe in bulk. Saithe is a North Atlantic fish usually fished off of the coast of Norway. We sell two different cuts of Saithe. We offer the N-Cut (collarbone on) and the Jap. Cut (collarbone off). The most common cut is the N-Cut. We also offer Fillets and Roe of Saithe on request.
This fish is most-commonly sold to Brazil, D.R. of the Congo, R. the Congo, Angola, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
For more information please see the product specifications below or fill in the contact form for any other questions or inquiries.
To request a quote, please fill in the contact form.
- Scientific name: Pollachius Virens
- Origin: Norway
Headed and Gutted Saithe
- Sizes: 0 – 0,9 kg, 0,9-1,2 kg, 1-2,3 kg, 2, 3-4 kg, 2,3 kg + 4 kg+
- Other size grading can be arranged according to buyers request
- Packaging: Frozen in vertical blocks, and packed in superbags (standard) or in cartons with inner polybags.
- Net Weight per Block: 1/2 blocks approx. 20-25kg
- Catching method: Trawl, seine net/Danish seine, gillnet
- Shipping: Frozen
Saithe Fillets (on request)
- Fillets are Skinless and contains Pinbones (PBI)
- Sizes: 3-5 oz, 5-8 oz, 8-16 oz, 16-32 oz, 32 oz +
- Packing: 3×6,81 kg (3×15 lbs) 20,43 kg (45 lbs) per mastercarton
- Catching method: Trawl
Saithe Roe (on request)
- Available on request.
Saithe is also well known as: